Delaware Farm to School Committee
The Delaware Farm to School Committee (a subset of the Delaware Council on Farm and Food Policy) works to advance farm to school strategies and activities across the state. The committee comprises members from various sectors and includes state agencies, community partners, farmers, and child nutrition supervisors.
The mission of the Delaware Farm to School Committee is to establish an integrated network that links our state’s childcare programs, education facilities, communities, farmers, and vendors and to coordinate their participation in the Farm to School Program in ways that will enhance health and empower Delaware children to consume local and nutritious products.
- Streamline the exchange of product supply and demand and information to encourage opportunities for participation.
- Promote healthy eating through the consumption of nutritious local food products and foster awareness of the benefits of healthy eating in child education facilities and programs.
- Lead the development of new and enhance existing child nutrition programs that incorporate local agricultural products.
- Partner with existing entities to develop new and enhance existing youth education opportunities, including school gardens and agriscience.
- Cliff Toomey, Supervisor, Nutrition Services, Indian River School District
- Roger Holt, Operation Director, Smyrna School District
- Colleen Carter, Supervisor, Nutrition Services, Brandywine School District
- Tony Windsor, Food Program Director, Boys & Girls Club of Delaware
- Aimee Beam, Education Associate, Delaware Department of Education
- Brittany Coleman, Education Specialist, Delaware Department of Education
- David Marvel, Producer, Marvel Farms
- Ese Jessa, Marketing Specialist, Delaware Department of Agriculture
- Stacey Hofmann, Chief of Community Relations, Delaware Department of Agriculture
- Nikko Brady, Director of Agriculture & Environmental Affairs, Office of Governor John Carney
- Lydia Sarson, Executive Director, Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids
- Katie Wood, Producer, 302aquaponics
- Scott Schuster, Farm to School Coordinator, Delaware