- The Delaware Department of Agriculture has issued Guidance for Delaware Agritourism Operations During COVID-19. These guidelines are solely intended so family farms can host agritourism events. There is separate guidance below that has been issued for U-Pick operations.
- Protocols for Delaware Farmers’ Markets for Phase II Reopening will take effect on June 15. Delaware farmers’ markets will have increased capacity levels and the sale of food and agricultural products will be allowed.
- The Delaware Department of Agriculture has issued Guidance for Delaware U-Pick Farm Operations during COVID-19. Make sure to call ahead to the farm to make sure they are open for U-Pick and to set up an appointment time. Remember to wear face coverings when attending a U-Pick farm, practice social distancing, and wash your hands.
- Delaware farmers’ markets will be able to open beginning May 15 as long as the market can enact the approved Protocols for Opening Delaware Farmers’ Market Under COVID-19. The opening date for each farmers’ market will be updated in the near future.
- We are encouraging agricultural producers who are looking to sell their products to their valued farmers’ market customers at their farm stand or directly on the farm to add or update their listing for the DDA Farm Stands Guide and the Delaware Grown website to help facilitate connections with the consumer.
Please submit the following to Kathy.Jackson@delaware.gov, including: your farm name, physical location where people can do a pick up, the days and times you will be open, your phone number and email that customers can reach you, your website address, Facebook link, and list of products available.
Buying local means buying fresh – buying the best. Buying a local Christmas tree, ice cream, fresh produce, meats and eggs – and much more – directly from Delaware farms means you’re getting the best farm products you can. Delaware has a wealth of markets, farm stores and other opportunities where you can buy local and support your friends and neighbors. The members of Delaware’s 2,500 farm families work year-round to bring you the best and freshest products, and here’s how you can buy direct. Many operations are seasonal, so call or email ahead, or visit their websites, for information on hours and products.