Residents who are seeking treatment options for spotted lanternfly can click to find a licensed "Ornamental and Turf" Pesticide company in their area. Make sure to select "Ornamental and Turf" in the drop-down menu and then click "Search for Businesses licensed for this Category." More Info logo
Delaware Department of

Cost Share Programs

Planning Program

A Nutrient Management Plan (NMP) or Animal Waste Management (AWMP) is a strategy to manage the amount, placement, timing and application of nutrients and is required for anyone who manages more than 10 acres of land on which nutrients are applied, and/or operates an animal operation in excess of 8,000 lbs. of live animals. A NMP must meet the regulations of the Nutrient Management Law, and can be developed for your operation at no cost. Payment of cost assistance is contingent upon funding availability. A certified nutrient generator is authorized to write an AWMP for their operation, but the plan must meet the regulations of the Nutrient Management law.

NMP’s can be provided by a certified nutrient consultant. To request a Nutrient Management Plan, contact a private or public Certified Nutrient Consultant, or the State Nutrient Management Program.

To process your application timely, please include a dated invoice along with the appropriate cost assistance application as follows:


Relocation Program

The Nutrient Management Relocation Program is a cost assistance program designed to assist in transporting nutrients (manure) from areas of excess, to areas in need of nutrients. Many farms are dealing with excess manure, namely poultry litter, and need to export the manure in order to balance crop nutrient demands. The Delaware Nutrient Management Program provides financial assistance for the cost of Delaware manure to alternative use projects or farms in need of nutrients.

Any farmer, person or business can apply for assistance as long as they take responsibility for meeting transport standards and follow the Relocation Program Guidelines.

To apply for cost assistance, you must submit an application to the Delaware Nutrient Management Program. Once your application has been approved, you will receive a letter of approval and a Claim for Payment form. After completion of the manure transport, you must send in the Claim for Payment form and the weight slips for payment. Payment of cost assistance is contingent upon funding availability.



Individuals and businesses must complete Form W-9 prior to applying for cost-assistance. Complete this form ONLY if you are applying for cost assistance for the first time or updating your contact information (e.g. address, phone number, direct deposit/ACH, etc.).

Please contact the Delaware Nutrient Management Program if you have any questions or require more information.

Related Topics:  , , , , , , , , ,